This curry is so simple to make and totally delicious! The subtle nutty flavours of the lentils and pumpkin work fantastically with the colourful and warming Indian spices.
• Hammerhead Go Gourmet India
• One Onion (sliced)
• 250g Diced pumpkin
• One tin Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
• 500g Diced Beef Steak (I used Rump)
• 125g washed, whole green, puy or brown lentils
1. Add sliced onion, diced beef, lentils, pumpkin and Go Gourmet India to the slow cooker.
2. Stir the mixture and add the chopped tomatoes and 200ml of cold water
3. Slow cook on low for about 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours (depending on your slow cooker)
4. Serve with Coconut rice or Pilaf Rice fresh lime wedges and warm naan bread (optional)
If you are not a fan of pumpkin try swapping it out for potato or kumara!