- 400g Rump steak (or other beef steak), sliced thinly
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp Zesty Ginger & Lime
- 280g Dried Noodles (I used wide for this recipe)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch Asparagus, end trimmed, cut in half and blanched in boiling water until al dente (still firm to the bite). (Refresh in ice water to prevent over cooking.)
- Olive oil
- 75g Cashew Nuts (lightly salted or plain)
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Firstly, let’s get the noodles cooked. Place noodles in boiling water to cover completely. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave for 10 minutes, stir to separate, then leave for a further 10-15 minutes. Drain noodles.
- Roll the sliced beef in 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce and the Zesty Ginger & Lime Salt. (allow to marinate for at least half an hour.)
- In a wok, heat a splash of olive oil until very hot. Fry onions until translucent. Remove onions from wok.
- Fry asparagus pieces and cashews in the wok for a minute or two, add a touch more oil if needed. Remove from wok and reserve.
- Stir fry the beef in the wok until browned on all sides. Remove beef from wok and return onions to the wok, cover with the chopped tomatoes, add 1 tbsp of light soy sauce and stir. Cook for five minutes or so over a medium heat to reduce sauce a little.
- Coat the noodles with the remaining light soy sauce and a pinch more Zesty Ginger & Lime.
- Return beef, asparagus, cashews and noodles to the wok and cook for a few minutes, stirring or tossing to coat noodles in sauce and mix well.
- Serve with salad or simply on its own.
Try using other green vegetables such as broccoli or courgette in place of Asparagus. Another tasty option is baby corn on the cobs (if you can’t find fresh, these are widely available in supermarkets, tinned)