- 1-1.5kg Pork shoulder, loin or leg (I used loin and weighed in at 1.3kg, skinless)
- Hammerhead Go Gourmet Thailand
- Splash of white vinegar
- Three tablespoons brown sugar
- Freshly chopped coriander, to serve
- Lime or Lemon slices to serve
- Remove any rind from the pork (this can be scored and salted with Hand Smoked Manuka and roasted in the oven for crackling if desired).
- Place pork into the slow cooker and tip over the Go Gourmet Thailand, sugar & vinegar.
- Roll the meat over a few times to get the spices into the meat.
- Cook on low for four to five hours.
- Turn meat, about half way through cooking time, and baste with juices.
- Once cooking time is up, turn again and baste with juices. Leave meat in cooker (turned off) for 20 minutes before removing and slicing.
- Place sliced meat on a serving plate and sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander.
Serve with Coconut Rice, or No Hasselback Potatoes (see separate recipe)
Chef’s tip! Skim any fat from the juices in the slow cooker for a delicious sauce.