- Monkfish Fillet (around 150g per serve)
- Wholemeal Lebanese Pita Bread (or similar tortilla type flat-bread)
- Two tablespoons Hammerhead Zesty Ginger & Lime
- Three tablespoons Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Mixed salad leaves
- One Tablespoon runny Honey (if using a more solid honey, warm in the microwave briefly to liquefy)
- Half a Red Onion, sliced thinly
- A few leaves of Shredded Red Cabbage
- One carrot, shaved (Use a vegetable peeler to shave nice big slivers)
- Slices of cucumber
- A handful of chopped Parsley
- Zest & juice of a whole Lime
- One garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- Mayonnaise, about five tablespoons
- Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- One tablespoon runny Honey (if using a more solid honey, warm in the microwave briefly to liquefy)
Hammerhead Zesty Ginger & Lime, One teaspoon (For dressing)
To Prepare the fish marinade:
Mix one tablespoon of runny honey with three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Whisk in the Hammerhead Zesty Ginger & Lime
To Prepare the Dressing:
Mix the mayonnaise with a splash of balsamic vinegar, a tablespoon of runny honey, minced garlic, chopped parsley and a teaspoon more Hammerhead Zesty Ginger & Lime. Whisk in the zest and juice of one lime.
- Cut the Fish into evenly sized pieces and roll around in the marinade, leave for 10-20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 210°c (fanbake)
- Place marinated Monkfish onto a lined baking tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Warm pita bread in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Remove and place on your serving plate.
- Top pita bread with salad leaves, cucumber slices, cabbage, carrot & red onion.
- Place a piece or two of the cooked monkfish on each salad topped pita and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander or parsley.
- Wrap tightly or serve as is. Enjoy!
Chefs Note: Here at Hammerhead we love a little spice! Pickled & sliced Jalapenos peppers really bring this meal to life! Add as few or as many as you can handle.