- Lamb Rump (approx 100-150g per person)
- Hammerhead Lively Lemon Pepper (a good pinch per rump)
- Olive Oil (tablespoon or two)
- Cider Vinegar (two tablespoons)
1. In a bowl, coat the lamb with the Lively Lemon Pepper, cider vinegar and olive oil. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees C.
3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a oven suitable heavy based pan.
4. Once oil is hot, carefully place in the lamb. Leave to cook without moving for a minute or so before turning. Cook for another minute on this side.
5. Place the pan with the lamb rump into a preheated oven and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on your preference on cooking (We did 12 minutes in this recipe for a 'medium' cooking result)
6. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
7. Serve with our butter roasted split peas and roasted beetroot.