Coconut rice is a versatile side dish and makes the perfect accompaniment to Indian or Thai dishes.
- 4 cups Jasmine rice (washed under cold water)
- One tin Coconut Cream (400ml) or light coconut cream.
- 600ml Cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 lime leaves
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a rice cooker and cook as per instructions.
- Alternatively place in a heavy based sauce pan and bring to the boil, turn heat down and simmer for two minutes.
- Place lid on the pot and turn off the heat. Leave for ten minutes or so until all water has been absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and stir though a little freshly chopped coriander.