This recipe uses one of our best selling slow cooker recipe bases 'Go Gourmet Morocco'. The more observant chef will however notice we are not using the slow cooker in this recipe. Our Go Gourmet recipe bases are very versatile and are equally happy in an oven as a slow cooker.
In saying that the recipe below can easily be adapted for your slow cooker. It would take around 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 on low.
400g x Monkfish Fillet
1 x Onion, sliced
2 x Carrots, baton/sticks
15-20g x Chopped fresh coriander.
300g x Pumpkin, peeled and roughly diced
1 x Tin Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
1 x Hammerhead Go Gourmet Morocco
1. Pre-heat to 160°c
2. Place onions, carrots and pumpkin into your tagine (or cast iron dutch oven)
3. Mix diced monkfish with, Go Gourmet Morocco, coriander (reserve a little for garnish) and chopped tomatoes.
4. Top the vegetables with the monkfish and tomato mix.
5. Place the lid on tagine/dutch oven and bake in pre-heated oven for 2 hours or until vegetables are well cooked.
6. Garnish with finely chopped preserved lemon or lemon zest and fresh coriander. (optional)
7. Serve with couscous or rice.
Toss a handful of pitted olives through at stage 3, olives work perfectly with Moroccan flavours.