- Half onion, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Half a leek, washed and thinly sliced
- One clove of garlic, crushed or very finely chopped
- 125g Mayonnaise
- 125g Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander (or parsley if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon Hand Smoked Manuka salt and spice
1. Heat your grill. (medium to high)
2. Add your sliced onion, leek, spring onion, olive oil and Hand Smoked Manuka to a baking tray or similar grill resistant dish.
3. Grill for about 10-12 minutes on high (don’t be afraid to let the mix char a little, this will add to the final flavour)
4. Allow the grilled onion mix to cool.
5. Mix with mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, crushed garlic, chopped coriander or parsley (reserve a little for garnish)
6. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with a little chopped coriander or parsley.
We used homemade mayonnaise in this recipe, store bought will work just fine however.
This dip is fantastic served with just about anything you want to dip! We tested it out with some Hammerhead Bread-sticks! Yum.
Chef’s Tip: Add cooled and diced crispy bacon pieces to the dip at stage 5 for a meaty alternative.