- One Whole Chicken, quartered and trimmed (or other chicken pieces)
- Three or four teaspoons of Finger Lick’n Smokey BBQ
- Olive oil
For this recipe I roasted pumpkin pieces in the tray with the chicken, you can add these or your favourite as an alternative. (Sweet Potato/Kumara, Potatoes, Carrots, Celeriac….)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c (fanbake) or 190-200°c conventional.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken quarters or pieces.
- Rub liberally all over with the Finger Lick’n BBQ. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes or longer.
- Place chicken pieces in an oven tray along with pumpkin or your choice of vegetables.
- Splash a little olive oil all over and a sprinkle more Finger Lick’n BBQ onto the vegetables.
- Roast for 35 minutes. Turn vegetables, and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and core temperature of 75°c has been reached.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes or so before removing from the tray and serving.
Once cooked and rested, shred the chicken and remove the bones. Toss the meat with spinach leaves, sweetcorn, freshly diced tomatoes and chopped coriander! Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar for a superb guilt free salad.