Serves 4-6 (as a side dish)
- 200g Dried split peas (washed and soaked overnight in cold water)
- 50g Butter
- 1 tablespoon Hand Smoked Manuka Salt & Spice
- Fresh Mint (roughly chopped)
- In fresh water bring the split peas to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain peas.
- In a frying pan melt the butter with a splash of olive oil, throw in the split peas. Toss or stir to coat with the butter.
- Sprinkle in the Hand Smoked Manuka stir and ‘roast’ in the pan for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss through the chopped mint, add a squeeze of lemon to serve. (optional)
Chefs Tip! Try stirring through some sliced smoked salmon and feta cheese.